Monday, August 6, 2007

The end of July

Violet after her bath on her birthday. She was playing peek-a-boo.

Ella and Sophia in my cousin Emily's Barbie Jeep. Sophie was talking on the phone and Ella was driving.

Ella and Lydia on Grandma's horse, Scout. They were two little cowgirls. They loved riding and Ella was interested in getting close and learning about the tack and Scout's Frog.

Ella and Lydia at our place picking pears from the pear tree. They are like sisters. They play together well until they fight. They fight a lot, but love eachother a lot too.

_________________________________________________
It has been a long time! July was soooo busy and then I needed some time to recover (and read Harry Potter). In a nutshell, this entry will describe our July.

My sister Holly and her husband Ryan and their two girls, Lydia and Violet were around for two weeks from mid to late July. They flew into Chicago. I picked them up and then we all headed for Dubuque (except Warren. He had to work, so he came later.)
Violet turned 1 on the 12th and we had cake for her. Then, we had a family reunion for the Foht's on the 14th and then a get together with my mom's family on the fifteenth. Ella, Sophie and I headed back to Port on Monday the 16th. Then everyone, including Grandma and Papa Foht came up to Port on Saturday the 21st. Grandma and Papa left on Sunday and Warren and I and Holly and Ryan went on a date to Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix and then to dinner and a little walk downtown.

Sophie had had a fever starting on Saturday that lasted until Monday morning. I took the Congers to O'Hare on Tuesday ;( and when I picked up Ella at the sitter, she had a fever that ended up lasting until Friday. Holly said that her girls ended up getting it too. At least they did't get it when they were here. It is always better to be sick at home if you have to be sick.

It was so nice having everyone together, but I really did need the recovery time afterward. It is exhausting (as Ella would say). It is well worth it though, and we can't wait to see everyone again! Thank you God for time with our family and friends and for safe travels!

4 comments:

Liz Ferguson said...

I'm so glad you were able to have time with you sister. That is so special.

I LOVE the pictures of Ella and Lydia...precious!

Our Family said...

Cute pics...It was really great getting to meet your sister and her kids too, you guys have such an Awesome Family...and growing :)

Andy, Shauna, Mianna, Hadley, Grady, and Eli said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a blast! Thats great :) Im so happy for you!

Holly Conger said...

Janel, Sorry it's taken me a while to read your Blog! Thanks so much for the sweet stuff you said about me. I hope you know I feel the same towards you. I have looked up to you since I was BORN! And I still think your awesome! We had so much fun too! Love ya!
~Holly